I was looking for an easy way to "decorate" my laundry room (aka laundry closet). There is very little space but I was tired of the same 'blah' look. I decided to have the words Wash Dry Fold up on the walls. Here is what I did to add a bit of personality:
1. I used thick cardboard coasters (I found them at Michael's craft store) to put the letters on.
2. Using my daughter's brown Crayola paint, I painted the sides of the coasters.
3. At Micheal's I found a big pack of while cardboard letters for only $1.99.
4. Using the technique from my other project, click here to see, I picked out scrapbook paper and glued a piece to each square. After they were dried I used my X-acto knife and trimmed the edges. I used Distress Ink on the edges of the paper too.
**To keep the letters flush with each other I cut a strip of thin cardboard and hot glued it to the back of each word. This keeps them from separating.
I glued each letter on with plain Elmer's glue and let that dry.
5. Since the laundry closet tends to get a bit humid at times, I brushed on a coat of Mod Podge. I used the Matte Mod Podge because I did not want a shiny reflection.
6. After the Mod Podge dried I used 3M velcro command strips to mount them on the wall.