Friday, September 7, 2012

I am running and not because I'm being chased

I am a runner.

I never, ever thought I would be able to say that. I have always hated running. I hated my heart pounding and gasping for air as I tried to make my legs go. I never flowed with me.

Flash back to April of this year. Stepping on the scale I saw a higher number from last summer. I guess I indulged a bit more this past winter. I wanted to lose those 10 lbs. Of course, I wanted to lost it all in one week. Ha! Don't we all? So I started counting calories and drinking lots and lots of water. I started seeing the scale go back a few lbs. but then it stopped. Ugh. Ok, just counting calories is not working.

Now during this time of calorie counting I was seeing a friend on facebook post updates from a running program she was participating in. It was called Couch-to-5K. I was intrigued seeing her progress and how many pounds she was losing. So this hater of running decided to give it a try.

I used the app Couch-to-5K (under RunDouble on my Android)  which was great! You put your earbuds in and it tells you when you walk and when to run. Awesome!

Each session took about 20 or 30 minutes, three times a week. You space out the days so you are not running back to back. So if you think you can't be a runner, I highly recommend you give it a try!






No comments:

Post a Comment